"What earlier generations held as sacred, remains sacred and great for us too." - Pope Benedict XVI
CHANGE OF LOCATION
Beginning July 3, 2022, St. Brendan will no longer host the older form of Mass. St. Joseph in Westphalia, MO will host the traditional form of Mass for the Diocese of Jefferson City at 12:00 noon every Sunday beginning July 3, 2022.
See Bishop McKnight's initial statement on Pope Francis's document Traditionis custodes, altering the law surrounding the 1962 Mass ceremonies.
Receive the extraordinary form newsletter by texting LATINMASS to 22828.
Diocesan Articles on the Older Form of Mass
- "Old and New: Finding Unity in the Diversity of Liturgical Forms" (13 August 2018)
- "Description of Some Features of Mass in the Extraordinary Form" (24 August 2018)
- "How Do I Participate in Mass in the Extraordinary Form?" (6 September 2018)
- "Sung Mass in Extraordinary Form Draws 250 to Jefferson City" (21 September 2018)
- "Mass offered in Latin in Westphalia for the Sacred Heart" (19 September 2019)
- "Careful implementation of Traditionis custodes is essential" (21 July 2021)
- Benedict XVI, Summorum Pontificum. 2007.
- Benedict XVI, Letter to Bishops accompanying Summorum Pontificum. 2007.
- Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei, Instruction Universae Ecclesiae. 2011.
- Francis, Traditionis custodes. 2021.
- Instructional Video on the Low Mass (EWTN and FSSP)
- What is the Extraordinary Form of the Mass? (Catholic Answers)
- Baronius Press 1962 Daily Missal.
- Treasure and Tradition by Lisa Bergman.
- Nothing Superfluous by Rev. James W. Jackson, FSSP.