Parish Update – June 19, 2020
Blessed Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus!
“Since then the Heart of Christ is overflowing with love both human and divine and rich with the treasure of all graces which our Redeemer acquired by His life, sufferings and death, it is therefore the enduring source of that charity which His Spirit pours forth on all the members of His Mystical Body.” (Pius XII, Haurietis aquas)
Knights of Columbus Drive-Up Food Drive (June 20, 9:00am-noon)
Donors are asked to drive into the parking lot and drop off non-perishable food items without getting out of their car. Brother Knights will be on hand to accept donations. Monetary donations will also be accepted.
For questions contact Ron Bracht 573-721-1470.
How to Attend Mass:
- Bishop McKnight has dispensed everyone from the obligation to attend Mass through September 11 (details below).
- Those who are high-risk are encouraged to stay home. Sunday, 9:00am Mass will be live-streamed.
- Before coming to Mass, please check your temperature. If you have a fever or other symptoms of illness, stay home.
- Consider attending on a weekday rather than on the weekend.
- Sign-up is no longer required.
- Wearing a mask is highly recommended.
- Please leave a 6-foot gap between households.
- If you wish to receive Holy Communion on the tongue, please come up after others have received on the hand.
The Dispensation from the Sunday Mass Obligation
1. All the faithful of the Diocese of Jefferson City, and those who are present in the territory of the Diocese, are dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation until 11 September 2020, provided that for days of precept after 1 July 2020 they do one of the following:
a. Participate in the Sunday or holy day of obligation Mass livestreamed from their parish church or chapel, the Cathedral, or the Vatican.
b. Prayerfully read and meditate on the readings of the Mass for the Sunday or holy day of obligation, and recite the rosary.
c. Prayerfully read and meditate on the readings of the Mass for the Sunday or holy day of obligation, and recite the Divine Mercy chaplet.
Collection Totals (average of $13,250 needed weekly)
Thank you for supporting your parish!http://www.saintbrendanparish.com/donate
Catechism Live Schedule (all live-streamed on Facebook at 6:00pm)
Tuesday, June 23: Compendium, questions 117-124 [Christ’s Cross and Death]
Thursday, June 25: Compendium, questions 125-131 [Christ’s Descent into Hell and Resurrection]
Current information at: http://www.saintbrendanparish.com